Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
To provide the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage the scene of a major casualty incident in a military environment.
Military officers, Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs or civilian equivalents of an organization likely to be involved in the management of major incidents. Officers from NATO, PfP or MD Nations assigned or likely to be selected for assignment to a NATO operational deployment.
- Language proficiency: English according to STANAG 6001 22.214.171.124 (listening/speaking/reading/writing)
- Other pre-requisites: be able to understand the pre-reading material and to return the pre-test before the start date of the course.
- Table Top Exercises
- Practical Exercise without Casualties
- Course assessment: during the course a practical test will take place; the participants will receive a certificate after the successful completion of the test.
• LO 1 Understand the principles of Major Incident Management.
• LO 2 Be able to participate in the planning and conduct of support for a major casualty producing incident on a deployed operation.
Standards and Doctrines:
- Timothy J Hodgets, Crispin Porter: Major Incident Management System; BMJ Books (ISBN 978-0-7279-1614-3)
- Advance Life Support Group: Major Incident Medical Management and Support: The Practical Approach at the scene; BMJ Books (ISBN 978-1-4051-8757-2)
- STANAG 2879 - Principles of medical policy in the management of a mass casualty situation
- ACO Directive 83-1: Medical support to operations
Date: please check the course calendar
For registration please contact NATO MILMED COE Training Branch Course Admin at email@example.com or in case of any further assistance please do not hesitate to call +36 883 0132.
MILMED COE courses are also available via the NATO ePRIME system; students from NATO partner nations can get reimbursed up to 100%.